13.9.07

The Generosity of Strangers

Last night I went to borrow a couple of kitchen chairs, for the year, from family friends. While I was there loading two chairs into a car I was borrowing, a neighbor overheard us talking about furniture and came over to ask if I needed furniture. She had just move from Charlottesville and had a garage full of stuff she didn't need and was trying to get rid of.


The result was me coming home with a futon, leather cushioned chair, 2 lamps, a wall clock, a mirror, an oak dresser (all pictured), a printer, 2 couch cushions, 2 pots and a copper pan (not pictured. Fortunately the family friends had a pickup that they offered to transport the furniture in for me. While I will be returning the two kitchen chairs the rest of the stuff is now furniture that I own at no cost to me.


One amazing advantage of not having paid for any of it is that it allows me to more easily give it away when I no longer need it or am no longer able to carry it around with me. Now I have someplace, aside from the floor, to put clean clothes after they're washed. This was an amazing answer to prayers that I wasn't even praying.

No comments: