17.4.13

The spiritual home of fish and chips

 Brighton Pier is apparently the spiritual home of fish and chips according to Heston Blumenthal the Chef of The Fat Duck the 3 Michelin-stared best restaurant in the UK. These fish and chips were from a pub near by and were lovely. I must say though that you really need to have a gut of steel to eat that with any frequency. It could have been that I didn't use enough "salad cream."


Brighton even in the poor weather is lovely enough. The Prince of Wales built his "pleasure palace" here before he became King George the IV. Honestly if I had a "pleasure place" it really wouldn't matter where it is. To this day Brighton is still a popular location for a "dirty weekend." When I asked the barman in the pub for the password for the wireless he looked at me and said "marry me please" which I had to ask him to repeat and he obliged sheepishly smiling all the while.


Thanks to Justin and Val for showing me a good time for a few days despite the sickness.


No comments: